The revolutionary formulation used in Venus Gear includes collagen and hyaluronic acid for skin hydration and softness, stabilized vitamin C for its antioxidant properties and hexapeptide-20 for its advanced skin lightening actions.
- Achieve lighter, brighter and radiant skin
- Hydrate and nourish your skin for a soft and healthy feel
- Lighten age, pigmentation, sun spot, birthmarks, freckles and darker skin patches
- Natural peptide ingredient
- Selectively reduces melanin production in skin
- Brought to you by Australian and Japanese scientist
- Contains no hydroquinone, mercury, steroids or harmful beaching agents
HOW IT WORKS
The active ingredient in Venus Gear is a bioactive peptide, which binds to a specific receptor on the surface of melanocytes. The activation of this surface receptor significantly reduces the amount of melanin that is produced inside the cells. The Venus Gear peptide is the only product that acts at the surface of melanocytes (rather than needing to penetrate the cells) and activates a molecular switch to reduce melanin production. The effect is opposite to that of the pigment-promoting hormone called melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH).
Cell toxicity trials: Addition of the peptide to cultured human embryonic kidney cells and B16F10 cells at concentrations equal to and higher than formulated level resulted in no measurable cell toxicity after 24 hours. This suggests that the lower melanin production is not due to cell death or impairment. This also indicates that the use of the Venus Gear peptide will not result in a vitiligo (‘patchy’) side-effect as seen in some other lightening agents.
Viability of HEK293 cells was maintained above 100% after incubation with the peptide at different concentrations for 24 hours.