Aromatic Roasted Green Tea Teabag
A wonderfully unique and mellow beverage, NISHIOMEIKOUEN Houjicha is a specially roasted concoction of green tea leaves that produces a pleasing toasty aroma and delicious nutty aftertaste. The roasting process lowers the caffeine content of the tea leaves, making it an excellent choice to be consumed at night for those with a lower tolerance to caffeine.
- Put one teabag for each cup you plan to make.
- Pour the exact amount of boiling water (above 90c)
- Let the teabag steep for one to two minutes.
While other traditional Japanese green teas are only steamed after being harvested, Houjicha green tea leaves go through an additional step during which they are roasted at high temperatures. All green teas go through the steaming process to prevent the leaves from oxidizing. The additional roasting of the leaves creates the warm, brown shade and toasty aroma of Houjicha roasted green tea. The roasting process does not affect the tea’s health benefits, but instead burns away bitterness and caffeine. Roasted green tea is wonderful to drink after meals or in the evening. Houjicha is also a favorite of children and the elderly, who tend to be sensitive to caffeine.
- Ideal for caffeine sensitivities
- Relives stressful days at the office or at home
- Keeps your skin looking clear and youthful
- Fights colds and keeps your immune system strong
- Supports a happy and healthy heart
- Boosts your metabolism while helping with digestion
- Alleviate (and prevent!) swelling pain from arthritis
- Reduces Bad Cholesterol and Increases Good Cholesterol